These Zucchini Breakfast Boats are the perfect Sunday breakfast when you have the time to prepare and enjoy them. They always go down a treat with my family.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 30 MINS
- 2 zucchini (large, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 8 white button mushrooms (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsps nutritional yeast (optional, for topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C). Scoop out the middle flesh of the zucchini and place flesh side up, in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and add to the vegetables along with the sea salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Transfer the egg and vegetable mixture to the scooped out part of the zucchini and place in the oven to cook for 5 more minutes. Remove and top with parsley and nutritional yeast, if using. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. For best results, reheat in the oven.
Serving size: One serving size is equal to two zucchini boats.
More flavor: Add additional seasonings and herbs.