Sometimes we need a quick, nutritious meal and this strawberry almond protein smoothie delivers. Packed with protein, healthy fats and essential nutrients it’ll keep you going for hours.
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (frozen)
- 1 banana (small, frozen)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
1. Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nut-free: Use sunflower seed butter instead of almond butter and coconut milk instead of almond milk.
No almond milk: Use coconut milk or cashew milk instead.
Consistency: If the smoothie is too thick, thin with more almond milk or water. If the smoothie is too thin, add some ice cubes and blend to thicken.
More fiber: Add in some chopped leafy greens like spinach or kale.