This colourful and spicy curried kale and quinoa stir fry is packed with nutrition and flavour. We often enjoy it using a variety of leftover ingredients as it’s super easy to adapt using whatever you have available.
SERVES: 3 READY IN: 15 MINS
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 3/4 water
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 stalks green onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 cups kale leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsps tamari
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts (chopped)
1. Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of oil to make it non-stick and scramble your eggs. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Place the skillet back over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the yellow pepper and green onion. Saute until vegetables are tender (about 4 – 5 minutes).
4. Add in the garlic. Saute for another minute then add the kale, sea salt, tamari, chili flakes and curry powder. Stir for about 2 minutes or just until the kale is wilted. Turn off the heat.
5. Add in the eggs and cooked quinoa. Stir well to combine. Divide the stir fry onto plates and top with chopped peanuts. Squeeze a lime wedge over top. Enjoy!
Serve with hot sauce and chopped cilantro for an added touch. Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.