Scrambled Eggs with Peppers and Kale is the perfect start to the day. It’s ready in 15 mins or less and provides a big bang of protein, fats and essential nutrients.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 15 MINS
- 1 1/2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 cups kale leaves (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the red bell pepper and kale leaves and saute until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. While the veggies are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat gently with a fork until well combined.
4. Push the veggies to one side of the pan, and pour the beaten eggs into the empty side. Use a spatula to scramble, slowly incorporating the veggies once the eggs are no longer very wet.
5. Divide between plates and enjoy!
More Carbs: Serve with toast, roasted potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
Egg-Free Alternative: Use mashed tofu instead of eggs.