Here’s how to make a hearty and warming Sauerkraut & Vegetable Soup. The perfect light lunch that’s great for digestion.
SERVES: 6 READY IN: 1 HOUR
- 3 cups sauerkraut
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 carrots (peeled, chopped)
- 2 cups celery root (peeled, cubed)
- 3/4 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Rinse the sauerkraut well and wring out the excess liquid using a kitchen towel or paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and salt and cook for another minute. Add the carrots, celery root, parsley and sauerkraut. Stir to combine then add the vegetable broth to the pot along with the bay leaf.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers, Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.
Serving Size, One serving is approximately 1 1/2 cups of soup.
Additional Toppings, Serve with additional parsley on top.