This Salmon and Roasted Root Veggie Salad is a nutritional powerhouse. There’s plenty of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C and fiber, and it’s super easy to prepare.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 35 MINS
- 1 sweet potato (medium, peeled and diced)
- 1 beet (medium, peeled, and diced)
- 44 milliliters extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 283 grams salmon fillet
- 15 milliliters lemon juice
- 5 grams dijon mustard
- 375 milligrams turmeric
- 90 grams baby spinach
- 14 grams pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the diced sweet potato on one side of the baking sheet and the diced beet on the other. Drizzle with a third of the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the sweet potatoes and the beets. Pat the salmon dry then carefully place the salmon in the center of the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue to bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, turmeric, and the remaining oil in a small bowl or jar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. To assemble the salad, divide the spinach between bowls and top with the sweet potato, beet, and salmon. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the dressing. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Assemble and/or dress the salad just before serving.
More Flavor: Season the salmon, sweet potatoes, and beets with other dried herbs and spices, like garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, or parsley. Add garlic or liquid sweetener of choice to the dressing.