Give this Roasted Chicken Apple Kale Salad a go. It’s simple, tasty and high in protein.
SERVES: 1 READY IN: 35 MINS
- 1 yellow onion (small, diced)
- 1 small apple (small, diced)
- 140 grams butternut squash (frozen, cubed)
- 2 grams fresh thyme (chopped)
- 30 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- 170 grams chicken breast
- 42 grams kale leaves (thinly sliced)
- 15 milliliters apple cider vinegar
- 750 milligrams sea salt (or more to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the onion, apple, butternut squash, thyme, and half of the oil. Spread onto the baking sheet.
3. Add the chicken breast to the baking sheet. Season everything with salt. Bake for 30 minutes, until everything is cooked through and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
4. In a large bowl, toss together the kale, apple cider vinegar, roasted vegetables, and remaining oil. Slice chicken and serve on top. Enjoy!
Top with hemp seeds for an extra nutrition boost.
Leftovers can be stored in a resealable container in the fridge for up to 3 days.