Chili is the perfect autumn dinner to warm and nourish your body. Serve this pressure cooker bean-free chili any time you need a rich, filling meal for you and your family.
SERVES: 4 READY IN: 50 MINS
- 454 grams extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
1. Turn your pressure cooker onto sauté mode. Cook the beef, breaking it up as it cooks until it’s no longer pink. Remove the meat from the pot and drain any excess drippings.
2. Add ghee to the pressure cooker and when melted add the onion, pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes, broth and cooked meat to the pressure cooker and stir to combine.
3. Put the lid on the pressure cooker and change to pressure cooker mode. Cook for 20 minutes and let the steam release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes. Release the rest of the steam manually.
4. Divide between bowls and enjoy!
Optional toppings: Diced avocado, sliced jalapenos, fresh lime juice, sliced green onion and/or chopped cilantro. No ground beef: Use ground turkey or chicken instead.
More flavour: Add smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder, ground cayenne, ground coriander, black pepper or dried oregano.
Tomato options: Use cherry tomatoes, Roma tomato, field tomatoes or drained diced tomatoes from the can.
No ghee: Use extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil instead.
Leftovers: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Freeze for up to three months.
Serving size: One serving is equal to approximately one cup of chili.