This pesto shrimp with rice and peas is full of flavour and easy to prepare. You can bulk it up to feed the family or strip it back for a meal for two.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 20 MINS
- 100 grams Basmati Rice
- 80 grams Frozen Peas (thawed)
- 7 milliliters Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300 grams Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 63 grams Pesto
- 1/4 Lemon (juiced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1. Cook the rice according to package directions. In the last two to three minutes of cooking, add the peas to the pot with the rice. Remove the pot from the heat and let rest for three to five minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for one to two minutes per side or until cooked through.
3. Add the pesto and lemon juice to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat the shrimp in the pesto sauce.
4. Divide the rice and shrimp between plates and serve with additional lemon juice if needed. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
More Flavor: Season the shrimp with dried herbs and spices to taste.
Additional Toppings: Fresh herbs or red pepper flakes.