The most comprehensive way to measure levels of sex and stress hormones.
The DUTCH Plus Test is a urine and saliva hormone test. It is the best test in the world for hormone testing. It provides a comprehensive look at your adrenal hormones (cortisol) and sex hormones (oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone), offering an accurate picture of how you are coping with life’s challenges.
The DUTCH Plus Test looks at the stress hormones you produce across the day which is important to see if your hormone levels are up when they should be down, or down when they should be up.
In other words, if you can’t fall asleep at night, can’t get out of bed in the morning and/or fall asleep at the desk middle of the afternoon.
We can also see the impact on your thyroid of these hormones which relates to your energy and metabolism. We also get a window into whether you are stressed and at a brain level over producing stress hormones or under.
The results can indicate the presence of psychological burnout, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), sleep apnea or poor sleep in general, PTSD, chronic fatigue and/or chronic pain, hypertension, digestive and autoimmune conditions.
There is also a mini stress test included with the second part of the test that uses several saliva samples to look at the size of the rise in stress hormone first thing in the morning and whether it correlates with normal and expected responses.
The levels of your stress hormones can show the impact of job related stress, the presence of poor blood sugar control (a key factor in the inability to lose weight) as well as general depression.
The kit includes:
- Easy-to-follow Directions and Requisition Form
- (4) Urine Collection Strips and (5) Salivette™ Saliva Collection Tubes
- Resealable Plastic Bag
- Return Envelope with Paid Return Label (Domestic Only)
The results include:
- Analysis of 35 different hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S, and cortisol along with their metabolites, plus the cortisol awakening response (CAR)
- Graphical representation of results and embedded video tutorials to assist in the hormone assessment to share with your medical provider
- DUTCH OATs: Melatonin (6OHMS), 8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), and six organic acid tests (OATs) including markers for vitamin B12 (methylmalonate), vitamin B6 (xanthurenate), glutathione (pyroglutamate), dopamine (homovanillate), norepinephrine/epinephrine (vanilmandelate), and serotonin (5-hydroxyindoleacetate).
Includes full results review consultation.
How It Works
- Once booked, you will receive your lab test kit in the post, or if you prefer we can arrange a time to go through the test together at my clinic in Edinburgh.
- You will receive your results as soon as we get them back from the lab.
- Your Consultation will take place within a week of your results being returned.
Simple Home Testing
All lab tests are specifically selected for ease of use. We can mail test kits anywhere in the UK, Europe, North America and most countries in the rest of the world (with a shipping delay). Samples can be completed by you the same week from the comfort of your own home.
Results Review Consultation
To make sure you get the most out of your test, this package includes a Skype or Phone call to review your results, examine your health history, symptoms and food journal, and help create a customised plan for you.
To book the DUTCH Plus test or to ask any further questions get in touch with me at:
+44 7971 953 008
Note: Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.