Here’s how to make a refreshing homemade coconut yoghurt. This light and tasty treat is packed with beneficial bacteria.
SERVES: 4 READY IN: 24 HOURS
- 454 grams Coconut Meat (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 2 Probiotic Capsules
1. In a blender add the coconut meat, water and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
2. Remove from the blender and add to a large glass container such as a mason jar.
3. Open up the probiotic capsules and empty the contents into the coconut meat mixture.
4. Stir with a wooden or plastic spoon until incorporated.
5. Place a piece of cheesecloth over top of the jar and tie loosely with an elastic band. Place the jar in a warm spot, such as your oven with the light on and let it sit.
6. Taste test after 18 hours. If it isn’t tangy enough, allow the mixture to ferment up to 36 hours.
7. Once fermented, put a tight lid on in place of the cheesecloth and store in the fridge.
To add more flavour you can use coconut water in place of water.
Probiotic sensitivity: Due to the sensitivity of the probiotics, do not use a metal spoon to mix the probiotic powder in.
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to seven days.