Roast chicken is a favourite for all the family. This hearty herb & garlic chicken can be served as a classic Sunday dinner with roast potatoes, and all the (healthy!) trimmings.
SERVES: 6 READY IN: 2 HOURS
- 6 cups Broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts (trimmed)
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.8 kilograms Whole Roasting Chicken
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Chop the Rosemary and Thyme
- Add the broccoli, brussels sprouts and garlic to a roasting pan. Toss in half the oil and half the sea salt.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies and coat in the remaining oil. Rub the sea salt, rosemary and thyme on all sides. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350°F (177°C), rotate the pan and continue roasting until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). This will take about 15 to 17 minutes per pound.
- Remove from the oven and create a tent with foil over the chicken. Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Repurpose the leftovers in a salad, soup, wrap, stir-fry or fried rice.
Serving Size: One serving equals approximately 2/3 cup of cooked chicken and 2/3 cup of roasted veggies.
More Flavour: Add cumin, paprika and black pepper. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with more herbs, lemon wedges, onion and/or garlic. Slide butter under the skin or inside the cavity.
Zero Waste: Save the chicken carcass to make bone broth.