The DUTCH Plus Test is the best test in the world for hormone testing. It provides a comprehensive look at your adrenal hormones (cortisol) and sex hormones (oestrogen, progesterone and testosterone), offering an accurate picture of how you are coping with life’s challenges.
The DUTCH Plus Test looks at the stress hormones you produce across the day which is important to see if your hormone levels are up when they should be down, or down when they should be up.
In other words, if you can’t fall asleep at night, can’t get out of bed in the morning and/or fall asleep at the desk middle of the afternoon.
We can also see the impact on your thyroid of these hormones which relates to your energy and metabolism. We also get a window into whether you are stressed and at a brain level over producing stress hormones or under.
The results can indicate the presence of psychological burnout, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), sleep apnea or poor sleep in general, PTSD, chronic fatigue and/or chronic pain, hypertension, digestive and autoimmune conditions.
There is also a mini stress test included with the second part of the test that uses several saliva samples to look at the size of the rise in stress hormone first thing in the morning and whether it correlates with normal and expected responses.
The levels of your stress hormones can show the impact of job related stress, the presence of poor blood sugar control (a key factor in the inability to lose weight) as well as general depression.
What’s in the Box?
The test kit includes:
- Easy-to-follow Directions and Requisition Form
- (4) Urine Collection Strips and (5) Salivette™ Saliva Collection Tubes
- Resealable Plastic Bag
- Return Envelope with Paid Return Label (Domestic Only)
The results include:
- Analysis of 35 different hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S, and cortisol along with their metabolites, plus the cortisol awakening response (CAR)
- Graphical representation of results and embedded video tutorials to assist in the hormone assessment to share with your medical provider
- DUTCH OATs: Melatonin (6OHMS), 8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), and six organic acid tests (OATs) including markers for vitamin B12 (methylmalonate), vitamin B6 (xanthurenate), glutathione (pyroglutamate), dopamine (homovanillate), norepinephrine/epinephrine (vanilmandelate), and serotonin (5-hydroxyindoleacetate).
- Test: DUTCH Plus®
- Biomarkers: 35
- Methodology: Liquid Chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Gas Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS/MS).
- Lab: Precision Analytical
- Sample: Dried Urine and Saliva
- Results: 2-3 Weeks
- PDF: DOWNLOAD HORMONES TEST (PDF)
How It Works
1. Book a test
Order your Hormones Test securely via Stripe. If you’re unsure if this test is right for you, get in touch.
2. Take the test
Once ordered, you will receive your Hormones Test kit in the post. Simply follow the instructions included and post your test back to the lab. Each test is easy to follow but if you prefer we can arrange a time to go through the test together at my clinic in Edinburgh.
3. Get your results
You will receive your results in a PDF document as soon as they are processed by the lab. Results typically take 2-3 weeks.
4. Expert advice
Your 60 minute consultation will take place within a week of your results being returned. I will help you to interpret the data and offer expert advice on how to improve your health.
Note: Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.