A high-protein dinner with minimal prep, I can’t get enough of this Garlicky Beef and Greens.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 20 MINS
- 2 tbsps coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps ginger (fresh, grated or minced)
- 1/2 stalk green onion (chopped)
- 227 grams extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups kale leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. In a small mixing bowl combine the coconut aminos, garlic, ginger and green onion. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, transfer the cooked beef to a bowl and set aside. Drain any excess drippings from the pan.
3. To the same pan add the kale leaves and cook until wilted and tender. Add the cooked beef back to the pan with the kale and season with the salt.
4. Add the coconut aminos sauce and stir to combine. Let the sauce bubble and thicken for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and divide between plates. Enjoy!
Leftovers: refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving size: one serving is approximately 1 cup.
More flavor: add sesame oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes or a drizzle of honey.
Additional toppings: Top with sesame seeds or chopped cilantro. Serve over top of cooked rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
No beef: Use ground chicken, turkey or pork instead.
No coconut aminos: Use tamari or other soy-based sauce instead