Bring this humble, yet nutritious, vegetable to life with a dash of garlic and herbs. Here’s how to prepare a tasty Garlic & Herb Broccoli.
SERVES: 4 READY IN: 15 MINUTES
- 2 tbsps Butter (salted, at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Basil Leaves (very finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (very finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chives (very finely chopped) Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter, herbs, garlic and salt with a fork until well mixed.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket over the boiling water and cover with a lid. Let them steam for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- Transfer the cooked broccoli to a plate or bowl and drain the water from the pot.
- Adjust the heat to medium-low and place the pot back on the burner.
- Melt the butter in the pot and add the cooked broccoli. Toss to coat the broccoli in the garlic herb butter.
- Divide between plates and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate butter in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Refrigerate broccoli in an airtight container for up to five days.
Serving size: One serving is equal to approximately one cup.
Dairy free: Use a dairy-free butter instead.
No Broccoli: Use green beans, cauliflower, asparagus or peas instead.