Overnight Oats is a really easy breakfast when you’re on the go. It takes 5 mins to prepare at night and all you have to in the morning is add your favourite toppings.
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Toppings: fresh fruit and crushed nuts
1. Combine the oats, chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a mason jar or bowl. Stir well to mix and seal with a lid.
2. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 3 hours.
3. Before serving give the mixture a stir and add your favourite toppings. You can mix and match nut butters, blueberries, raspberries, banana, dried fruit, crushed almonds, etc.
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Milk: You can use any milk of your choice in this recipe. Cow’s, goat’s, almond, oat, and soy milk all work well.