This Cauliflower, Kale and Sausage Bowl is the perfect lunch on a cold day. It’ll fill you up for a good few hours and provides a great mix of proteins and essential fats.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 40 MINS
- 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 2 tbsps avocado oil (divided)
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups kale Leaves (chopped)
- 227 grams organic chicken sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the cauliflower florets with half of the avocado oil, lay in a single layer on the baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing halfway through.
3. While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the remaining avocado oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add the kale and saute for 1 to 2 minutes until crispy. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste, and transfer to bowl.
4. Add sausages to the skillet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, turning frequently. While the sausages are cooking, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and poach the eggs.
5. To assemble, divide cauliflower and kale between bowls. Slice and add sausages, avocado, and top with an egg.
For a plant-base alternative you can use chickpeas or tempeh instead of sausage, and skip the egg.